Thursday, January 12, 2012

If not now, WHEN?

I finally did it!! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, obviously, to those of you who are professional bloggers. I have only discovered blogs a few months ago. There is a whole world of communication and education out there untapped by people like myself.

I have a motto for the year. "If not now, when?" I'm not sure where I heard it or how it came to my mind but it haunts me. Life is passing me by. I feel that I have something amazing to do and I need to hurry and step out and do it. This blog is one of my first attempts this year in that effort. 

You can read my background information to get more details on me personally. I would like this blog to help me focus on my creative endeavors. I'm sure every now and then, however, I will be compelled as a proud mother and wife, to mention my 3 amazing children or my awesome husband.

I have been sewing or crocheting ever since I was a young child growing up in Northwest Florida. I had a couple of aunts that allowed me to sew on their sewing machines when I was as young as 7. I got my first sewing machine for Christmas when I was 12. I got a top of the line Singer sewing machine when I graduated high school in 1980 and still use that machine today! It is my favorite, eventhough I have others now. I have made many things over the years on that machine such as my suits for church or when I was in banking. Maternity clothes when I was expecting and then some sweet things for my babies. My masterpiece so far, though, has been my oldest daughter's wedding dress.

I taught myself to smock and learned heirloom sewing techniques from SEW BEAUTIFUL magazine when my children were young and we lived in Tuscaloosa, AL.


 I would make everything in 3's. I would make two girl outfits and an outfit for my son that matched his sisters. It was a challenge to pick colors and themes that worked for both sexes and allow my son to still be "all boy".

 My children are grown now and my oldest daughter is married and graduated from BYU last year. My son and youngest daughter attend LDSBC in Salt Lake City, Utah. 

I miss those days of chaos. Trying to sew, cook, clean and balance activities of the children and whatever was going on at church was always a challenge especially since I was homeschooling the children. But, I would not trade that for anything!! I miss it, as I said, and suppose I long for such chaos again while I'm waiting on the next wave to hit. That would be "grandchildren". So while I wait I am going to CREATE and hopefully post those creations and see what happens from there. Please follow me on my journey. I'm not sure where it will take us, what will happen or where we'll go. It should be interesting though. Let the chaos begin. If not now, WHEN?

Leslie Chandler

2 comments:

  1. No one is more talented than you. Glad to see this up finally.

    When is Magan going to start her Wedding Planner business?

    Roll Tide!

    TAG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so this is how it works, huh? Thanks for posting a comment. I LIKE IT!!!! What an adventure I have embarked upon. I just finished my second post and it looks awful, but I aptly titled it, Never, Never Give Up!! lol I'm gonna keep plugging away at it and see what happens.

      Delete