Sunday, September 15, 2013

ROLL TIDE BABY!!.

Well, it's been a long time but I'm back. My oldest daughter Magan gave birth to our first grandchild, Chandler. This has put a new twist on the name "Chandler Heirlooms".

Front of the shower invitation given in Greenville, Alabama
 
I have so many things to share with you that I made for the baby shower before he was born and then all the things I've made since.
 
 
Diaper Baby Centerpiece
 
 
This was one of the centerpieces for the table at the baby shower. Doesn't it look just like a baby laying there? It's made of diapers and the little blanket was so easy to make and I monogrammed it with the family initial.
 


First quilt I ever made!!
 The quilt above was given to Magan at her Sugar Land, Texas baby shower.


My Second quilt ever. I tried my hand at stippling.



 

Coming home outfit
I made another quilt for the shower given by family in Greenville, Alabama. The outfit chosen to bring Chandler home from the hospital was given as a gift at the shower and I brought it home and monogrammed it and made a blue and white hounds tooth bonnet to match.
 
Of course there is no way I could have a grandson and not make him an heirloom daygown with matching bonnet.
 
 
 
 
 
 He wore this when he met his Great-grandmother for the first time.
 
 
 
The gray chevron boppy cover turned out nice and has gotten lots of use.





 
Being huge Alabama fans, we have to start Chandler out right. I created a quilted bib using scrap fabrics in the "Tide's" colors and a little monogrammed "passy" holder. 
 
Had to have a Bama onesie!!! Roll Tide!
 
 

It looks even better on him!! He has outgrown this for sure!!
 
 
 
 
Now that it's college football season, I've been up to my eyeballs in crimson and hounds tooth. I created this little Jon Jon and mailed it out in time for the Texas A & M game.

 I also had fun creating a little bishop dress for another Alabama fan.




A matching bow as a "Thank You"
 
I have a lot more things I've done but that's at least a glimpse and an idea of what I've been up to. I'm excited about being a new grandmother and wish I could see my little Chandler more often. But in a small way, I can be with him when he wears the things that I've made especially for him with more LOVE than he can ever imagine. My heart swells with pride for him.

I'm proud of him and I'm proud of our University of Alabama football team on their win over the Aggies.

ROLL TIDE ROLL BABY!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment